Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just Like That!

This is Debbie. All the posts that have been made since we actually started the trip have been from Vic so since he's sleeping I thought I'd put my two cents in.

It's weird to think that on Friday we went to just meet our daughter for the first time and "just like that" she's a part of our family. Because of the way it happened, and they told us to just take her home with us that day, the whole trip back to the flat where we stayed, we all just kept looking at each other and saying "just like that we're a family of four". We were bringing this beautiful little girl home with us and knew nothing about her.

Now, two days later we still don't know much. We've yet to see her smile or hear her little voice (although I heard her talking in her sleep last night and it sounded very cute & musical). Things I do know? She LOVES milk (and it must be warmed). If you give her a toy she won't let it go the entire day - seriously, yesterday when we went to St. Thomas's resting place (pictures and post to come) she hung onto two toys and never let them go. She's extremely shy. Even though I seem to be her favorite, she still doesn't really look me in the eye (I think I may be just the best in a bad situation at this point). She's very dainty and girly. When we feed her, she takes small bites and eats so slow and cute. Very much something we're not used to in our family!

I'm a girl and I love to know all the details, so for all you girls out there - there are the details.

One thing I do need to say about Chennai, is that it is hot! I much prefer a dry heat, like what we're used to, than the humidity. The humidity yesterday was crazy and I don't know if I have ever felt that before. It was comical really. Here are the original three of us (Vic, Debbie & Sammy) all sweating profusely and all the Indians (including our little Indian Princess) not even showing a drop of sweat. It must be something you get acclimated to. So with that, I just have to give a disclaimer - if you see any pictures of me, please remember that when you see my face red and a little shiny (unfortunately I'm not dainty and girly and glow in the heat, I sweat!). Yesterday we also blew a breaker so I had no hair dryer or curling iron. An especially attractive day for me - not!

4 comments:

  1. Vic, Deb & Sammy,
    We are so happy your prayers have finally been answered. We can't wait to meet Maddy. Lots of love and prayers for a smooth adjustment. See you in May.
    Dan & Yvonne Weatherford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Debbie I love your post! You're amazing and beautiful no matter how glistening with sweat you are :) thanks for the details...I am also one of those. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got emotional reading this. It is just so amazing that you rescued this little miracle and "just like that" she is your daughter! I can't wait to watch your family grow together! I'll still keep everyone in my prayers!
    -Elizabeth C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't stand it anymore and we broke down and paid the sky high rates on the cruise ship to get on the internet just to visit your blog. Tony and I are reading at the same time and I am in tears for you (happy ones of course). Love you guys so much and am so glad that you have your little girl finally...so excited to meet her.

    ReplyDelete